- Little Twos
- Morning Preschool
- Junior Kindergarten
- Private Elementary Kindergarten
-Experienced, Credentialed Teachers
- Big Kid's Club
-Year Round Care and Holiday Recreational Programs for Children Attending Nearby Public Schools and Woodside Primary School.
-From Selected Schools
- Summer Programs
WOODSIDE WEST SCHOOL - 2577 Guerneville Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
- Morning Preschool and Pre Kindergarten readiness
- Morning Junior, Kindergarten or Private Kindergarten with Optional Extended Afternoons
- Child Care for Ages 2 to 6 Years
- Big Kid's Club for After School Care, Ages 6 to 12 Years
- Transportation from Several Nearby Public Schools
- Summer Readiness for Kindergarten and First Grades
- Big Kid's Summer Club ages 6 through 12
Licensed for 100 children
Open 6:45 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- All of our schools are open Monday through Friday for child care on a year round basis. Your child's schedule will vary depending on the program she/he is enrolled in. Please check our school holiday calendar for the dates your child's class is not in session.
- ACADEMIC ONLY SCHEDULES
- 9 a.m.-11:45 a.m.
Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten Classes
- 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten Enrichment Classes
- 1 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
Morning Preschool: Scooters, Trains and Rockets Classes
The above programs operate on our academic schedule and observe most of the same holidays and closures as the public schools
- BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE in our Big Kid's Club is available for public school students and Woodside West School elementary students before school and after school.
- ADDITIONAL DROP-IN CARE is available for currently enrolled students when space is available. Please contact your school's director, in advance, to make arrangements for this service.
- EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES are available at selected sites. We occasionally have sleepovers, camp outs and other special activities. A sign-up sheet with dates and price information is posted on the bulletin boards for the classes involved.
Two to five mornings a week
- Scooters - Children ages 2 to 3 years old: Exploration and discovering, beginning social, creative and co-operative play activities. We help with potty training skills.
- Trains - Children 3 to 4 years old: Social and developmentally appropriate play, creative and learning activities.
- Rockets - Children 3 to 5 years old: Developing social skills, games, creative learning activities and kindergarten readiness.
Five mornings a week
- Junior Kindergarten - Ages 4 to 5 years
- Geared towards those children who show readiness for kindergarten but due to age or maturity would benefit from an additional year of preparation. This program uses Scribner Reading Series Hello Sunshine program and Macmillan/McGraw-Hill Mathematics in Action (kindergarten level) program along with many hands-on learning activities and games, music, art, field trips and much more!
- Kindergarten - Ages 4 to 6 years
- A strong academic program, which uses Scribner-Laidlaw's Beginning to Read, Write and Listen program, Macmillan/McGraw-Hill Mathematics in Action (first grade level) program, as well as a variety of science and social studies units, introductory computer, hands-on learning activities and games, art, music, physical education and field trips.
SUMMER PRE-KINDERGARTEN AND PRE-FIRST
Two to five mornings a week
Children who are entering kindergarten or first grade in the fall are eager to learn, as well as play and our summer curriculum is planned to include both elements so they will enjoy every day and look forward to September. Each week is balanced with academic activities, crafts, games, music, field trips and other innovative activities to make summer fun for this active group.
WOODSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Located at Woodside West School
Academic Program, Grades 1 through 3
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Taught by qualified, credentialed teachers, students study all the basic subjects, including reading, language, literature, spelling, history, geography, mathematics and science. Other enriching activities include art, computer, music, second language instruction and regular field trips. Check with your child's teacher for current snack policies for this class. Children may or may not need to bring a snack from home. Uniforms are not required but we do request that students wear Woodside West School T-shirts on most off campus outings.